Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Washing machine saga

We have a front loader.
It has done many years of faithful service, about ten I reckon. But this year, well, things have started to come unstuck. Literally.
I can live with the rusting exterior. I don't really mind the funny grumbling noise it makes when it spins. It's the lack of spinning that I can't live with.

Dennis has helped us sort out the coil previously.

Last week, just when he didn't need it, the machine flooded the laundry. ALthough this turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it prompted some cleaning out and disposal of some items to the Kaikorai garage sale. Yay.

This week, Chris (and my dad) have replaced a bearing and Chris has glued in the thingy that came unstuck after the plumber did odd things to our water supply. I was kinda hoping I might finally get a new machine - thanks dad!

We are currently using the neighbour's machine while the glue dries. Just as well as I had muddy tramping gear to sort...

Apparently there is a sweepstake going on when the Konings finally get a new washing machine.

We will keep you posted.

The trouble with being married for nearly 17 years is that all the appliances start wearing out on you. Even the second hand ones that we've been using. So far this year we've replaced a fridge, freezer and dryer, some of which I'd budgeted for and all of which we've managed to source at good rates. God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home