Thursday, July 05, 2007

Must be the holidays...

Humble apologies dear reader, but let me tell you why it has taken until now to update the blog.

Last week's outreach events for Children and Families at Mosgiel went rather well, I thought. There was noise, fun, fellowship and the visitors were welcomed and included. All in all it was a busy weekend with Chris away at Connect, just north of Wellington, our Fish and Chip Night, a the play I took the kids to on Saturday, the SOM international dinner that night, Messy Church at North Taieri, and Zach had a friend for a sleepover. Wow!
So on Monday, we just didn't stop - I took Zach and Hannah to Oamaru where they have been having a lovely time with their grandparents while Chris frantically worked on having packing up for the Mosgiel youth group camp. This is happening at Borland Lodge which is in Eastern Southland and pretty much takes all day to get to. So Chris and Katarina headed off early on Tuesday while I went to my salvation conference here in Dunedin. Janine had a sleepover on Tuesday and left for her ski camp with the Leith Youth Group on Thursday and I also had a "Meet the new lecturer" dessert evening on Wednesday.
Today I am heading up to Oamaru to pick up Zach and Hannah as long as the road stays open. The northern motorway was closed last night around 7 but is moving again this morning although it is snowing again now. Fun, fun, fun. All the weather will make it interesting for Chris and the team to get home tomorrow, particularly as one of the vans is also towing a trailer. I have heard from Janine this morning - they arrived safely and are heading up the mountain this morning.
So, all in all, that is our week. And I have written a sermon, as I am preaching on Sunday.
Life is good. Live it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home