Monday, May 23, 2005

Of mice and men

We were at a dinner on Friday night hosted by another SOM student, when I was asked whether we had a mouse problem. I blithly replied that our house seem mouse proof as I had no evidence of their scampering little presence despite it being That Time of Year.

It seems I spoke too soon.

It was on the way home that Chris let it slip that he'd seen a mouse that very day and asked if I knew where the mousetrap was.

Mouse trap has been duely located, set and emptied several times over the last 2 days. Yes, that's one a day so far. At least the mice so far have been dead when discovered - the last time we had a mouse invasion, I had to deal with several live ones. I'm afraid I didn't distinguish myself on those occasions and the less said about that the better. Let's just say we don't have as many mouse traps as we used to...

Be that as it may, this week is a busy one as Chris is preaching next week, has a talk for some Balclutha folk next Monday and there are several assignments due. Oh, and I led some songs at Leith on Sunday (the youth group were desperate!!!). And played bass. Not easy to do together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home