Sunday, April 17, 2005

Singing a song

We’ve been busy at official type stuff this week, and I’d had the opportunity to share some of the songs I’ve written as well which is very exciting.

The highlight of the week had to be the fleeting visit of Garry and Kif, who stayed one night with us and brought lots of lovely fruit and other bits and pieces from Hamilton. Choice!

Thursday night was also John Daniel’s induction down the road at Opoho church and I was invited to share some music during the service. Saturday was the Synod of Otago and Southland. Chris and I both went. Mum and Dad also came down; Mum looked after the children and Dad came to Synod with us. John was also presenting at Synod and kept Chris trouble shooting with sound, computer and projector issues. Chris also helped Jo Ryan with her youth promo – good to be able to be useful. I provided a musical interlude in a couple of places, “You O Lord” and “I’m in the process”. And then John and I sang a duet, half of which is in Italian – new experience for me!

Today is holidays so I am going to take the kids to a free movie, see about ballet shoes for Katarina and look into finding a cheap bike for me so I can keep up with the kids. I should be able to fit some reading into the spare moments! Chris has 2 assignments due this week so he will have to keep his head down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home