Thursday, June 23, 2005

Hitting the right note

Hannah has been singing her wee heart out on the way to Montessori this week, "This is the way we walk to school" etc to the tune of "Here we go round the mulberry bush". This is good as she is content to hold my hand as we go rather than running down the hill, or, worse - making me run beside her! The weather hasn't been so frosty, positivly warm in fact with nor'westers most of this week. As I type this, however, my nose is telling me it is about 5 degrees inside - and we've got the fire on!!!

Zach was singing an original song about Cinnamon Toast this morning and Janine is practising hard for her special choir's performance at the upcoming Principal's Conference. I think Katarina's only music involvement, apart from drum lessons and ballet, is listening to ZM.

Anyway, Janine had a lovely birthday, with lots of big friends, (Jo and cousin Anna, amonst others) to tea on Wednesday night and then her friends came for a highly successful sleepover with movies and some sleep on Saturday.

By the time we had a long lunch with Dawson's on Sunday afternoon and tea with the Purdie's, that made short work of the weekend. Oh yes, and I managed to watch Zach in their toughest game yet, just a 5-nil effort this week with two try's by the boy. Skills and teamwork contine to improve and Zach remains as keen as ever.

Chris and I are just mopping up the last bits and peices for the end of term. We are supposed to be working on our Synthesis project. However, I had a wisdom tooth out on Monday which has knocked me back a little and I'm finding it hard to focus when next week we are off to Wanaka, to visit the McDougals and some snow although if the temperatures keep dropping here we may have snow here again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home