Thursday, February 03, 2005

Best mum in the world

Best mummy in the world

Doesn’t take much to earn this title although it is a temporary one.

This morning Hannah and I walked, yes, WALKED, to Montessori, exploring some of the steps, lanes and back streets along the way. This presents somewhat of a challenge for me as my iron levels are a bit low, which means I puff a bit, how embarrassing. But we made it. Three year olds are good company early in the morning and we chatted about all sorts of things on the way.

This afternoon I took Katarina to a trial ballet class – it is all very complicated but she is quite keen so I’m trying to find something that will suit. It is a bit difficult when I’m not sure how this School of Ministry thing will work out but we’ll give it a go.

And tonight I’ve been flat out covering the kids school books; intermediate is a LOT of books! This also meant a trip to find some more duraseal for Janine as Katarina had used all I had bought last year and never quite got around to using.

And Zak? We had a whisper story tonight so as not to wake Hannah, tired out from a full day at school as well as the walk this morning. His “marvellous machines” book is a great mixture of rhymes and diggers and we both enjoyed playing “don’t disturb Hannah”.

So, tonight, I am the best mummy in the world. I am not under any illusions that it will last, it is, after all, a very contextual and relative title, but still…

Still waiting on Robbie who was caught up in the Wellington airport closures. He's acting as mail carrier for some mail that has been sitting around the Hutt for a week or two. Nothing important, just university registration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home