Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend of Labour

We’re just back from half a weekend in Timaru. Chris started, so went up Friday with the big girls and preached Sunday there, while I preached at Opoho (almost the same sermon, oddly enough!).

Saturday night it snowed here – there was snow still at midday on the motorway as we drove up on Sunday! Monday was 27 degrees, and today was howling nor’wester, and now raining. Not quite 4 seasons in one day, but plenty of variety!

We've just about organised who is sleeping where, although I am not holding my breath in the meantime. And we've looked at a couple of high schools and the girls both want to go to one each. Different ones! Arrggh! I'm not going to rush into a decision, we will think and consult about this for a while. Zach and Hannah seemed to enjoy their visit to Gleniti and Zach in particular is much happier about shifting now. (Well, today at least!)

We stopped in at mum and dad's both directions, and took free range eggs both times. They are such a glorious vibrant yellow, and the hens are laying well now. Mum has 11 hens, and is keeping the family well supplied, which is just marvellous.

We managed to get back in time to do swimming club Tuesday night as normal, so now I am doing the solo parent thing for the rest of the week, two parties ( and I have the presents organised), and did I mention I put the bike rack on the car for the weekend, plus three bikes, and I preached last week and will preach again this week? And cooked a meal from scratch in twenty minutes tonight.

I apologise for the late blog, dear reader, but Chris is still working on internet access in Timaru - he hasn't been there a week yet, give him a break!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home