Sunday, December 11, 2005

Not quite the end of the year

We put up the Christmas decorations on Saturday. What a great house for Christmas decorations - I've finally worked out what the dark hall is for - it looks great with fairy lights strung around the ledges. Katarina has made lots of styly holly leaves that are up the stairway and Chris hung more lights in the feature windown. Nice.

Over the years we have gathered all sorts of ornaments, the little wooden ones from when we were in Auckland, the lovely fabric angels and bead angels we made in Lower Hutt. This year, we will add more as the children make things at school and home. I am reminded of all the family and friends who have made Christmas special for us over the years - we have much to be thankful for. Even the washing machine is hanging in there!

We have had lots of people over in the last few weeks, church families, SOM people and the neighbours, all good fun. The children are still enjoying the hot tub, so we will be sad about taking it back on Saturday. We have a busy week with 3 practises for the church play on Sunday. Or is it four?

Janine sang in the end of year concert for Saturday music classes - she has improved enormously and we are very grateful to Mrs Bouman who has worked wonders!

I had a busy week helping with the children. I was parent help for Katarina's class trip to the museum and transport for Zach's picnic on Friday. Just as we arrived back at school the heavens opened so I made 3 more trips to rescue some of the middle and senior classes who were walking back from Dundas bush. And somehow I managed to fit in Hannah's Montessori Christmas concert as well!

Plus I led worship on Sunday which I suppose explains why I am not further ahead on my synthesis. However, I am enjoying helping out children and their various school activities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home